Last Modified: March 14, 2022.
Buy a Piece of Israel, aka Hashkaot B’Ahavat Yisrael Ltd. (“Buy a Piece of Israel,” “we,” “us,” or “our”), including our affiliates, respect your privacy and understand your concern about your personal information and how it is used. We value your trust in sharing your personal information with us and are dedicated to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Notice describes in detail the types of information we collect about you; how we use your information and with whom we may share it; the choices and rights you have with regard to your information; how we protect your information; and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
Table of Contents
This Privacy Notice applies to the use of the Services (as defined below), including by both consumers and Professionals. “Professional(s)” means individuals, companies and other organizations or persons acting as real estate professionals or otherwise engaged in a business related to our Services, including, without limitation, agents, providers of real estate-related services, products or information, homebuilders, lenders, brokers, real estate professionals, re-modelers, home service professionals and other service professionals. Except as otherwise indicated, Professionals, consumers and other persons using the Services are individually and collectively referred to as “you.”
This Privacy Notice applies to personal information collected by Buy a Piece of Israel, through our website(s), and mobile apps, mobile-optimized websites and other applications and/or electronic media (such as emails we send) (collectively, the “Services”).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND OBTAIN
We obtain personal information about you from a variety of sources. This includes personal information you provide to us directly, information we obtain from other sources, and information we gather through automated means.
Information you provide to us. When you directly correspond with us, we may collect certain types of information from you:
- Contact information (such as name, postal address, email address and telephone and/or mobile numbers);
- Your social security number, or other identification number, or payment information, when needed to facilitate certain transactions;
- Reviews, comments, and/or surveys; and
- Other information you may provide to us, such as through our “Contact Us” feature.
If you are a Professional, we may also ask for additional information, such as relevant professional licensing numbers and the like.
Information obtained from other sources. We may obtain personal information about you in connection with the Services from publicly and commercially available sources, including:
- Demographic data (such as gender, age range, educational level, household income range, number of children in household, ethnicity to the extent permitted);
- Purchasing data, including information about advertisements you have seen or acted upon and information about your interaction with advertisers’ products and services;
- Occupational data (such as profession, position, title, industry; and business address);
- If you log in with a third-party account with the Services (e.g., Google), we may obtain information about you, such as your user ID and/or user name and other information you have permitted those services to share with us consistent with your privacy settings for that third-party account.
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- Device information, including unique identifiers and connection information, including mobile device advertising IDs (e.g., Apple’s IDFA or Google’s AAID) and the means of internet connection (e.g., WiFi connection, ISP) that can identify the physical location of such devices, in accordance with applicable law;
- Your device type and settings, software used, browser type and operating system;
- Websites or other services you visited before and after visiting the Services (referring URL);
- Web pages and advertisements you view and links you click on within, and what search queries you may have run on, the Services (clickstream);
- Viewing behavior, including the content you view, how long you view content, the quality of the service you receive, and advertisements you have been shown or interacted with;
- Dates and times you access or use the Services;
- Location information, including the city, state and zip code associated with your IP Address, information derived through WiFi triangulation, and precise location information from GPS-based functionality on your mobile apps, with your consent;
- Your phone number and mobile carrier details in connection with our websites and mobile apps.
COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
Cookies are small files that we, through associated services, or others may send to and store on or with your computer so that your computer, browser, mobile app or other application can be recognized as unique the next time you access, visit, use or otherwise take advantage of the Services or other media. Cookies may also reflect demographic data pertaining to you or other data linked to information you submit. One use or consequence of cookies is to enable you to receive customized ads, alerts, content, services or information. You are always free to decline any cookies we use by adjusting the settings of your browser, as your browser may permit; however, some products, services or features might not be available or operate properly if cookies are not enabled. Some of our advertisers and third-party service providers may also utilize their own cookies.
In addition, our service providers and others sometimes use data-gathering mechanisms on the Services, including without limitation “web beacons”, “clear GIFs”, “pixels” and/or “tags”. These perform statistical and administrative functions, such as measuring site and page traffic, verifying advertising paths, better understanding user interests and activity, gathering related information (such as information relating to a particular browser, device or IP address) and positioning images, and typically do so without detracting from your online experience. Such mechanisms are not necessarily designed to collect Personal Information. In addition, if you have provided your email address, we might use a non-human unreadable form (or “hash”) of your email address to deliver, or facilitate delivery of, relevant advertisements and information to you on or by way of the Services or on or by way of other websites or media, including, for example, popular social media sites and features.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
We, or service providers acting on our behalf, may use the information collected from and about you to:
- Provide our products and services, including authorizing a purchase, or completing a transaction that you requested;
- Create and manage online accounts;
- Send promotional materials, alerts regarding available offers and other communications, including text/SMS messages if you provided your mobile number and opted in to receive such messages;
- Communicate about, and administer participation in, special events, promotions, programs, offers, surveys, contests and market research;
- Respond to inquiries from you and other third-parties, including inquiries from law enforcement agencies;
- Anonymize or de-identify personal information to provide third parties with aggregated data reports showing anonymized information and other non-personal information;
- Provide technical support;
- Generate suggestions about the type of content you may enjoy;
- Supplement your personal information collected directly from you and/or from automated means with additional information from publicly and commercially available sources, and/or information from our affiliates and our business partners;
- Associate your browser and/or device with other browsers or devices you use for the purpose of providing relevant and easier access to content, advertising across browsers and devices, and other operational/business purposes;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing, enhancing, analyzing and improving our Services; managing our communications; performing data and statistical analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our terms of service and other policies; and
- In other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
As described in this Privacy Notice we, as well as our third-party service providers, may obtain information about your online activities to provide you with advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests. We and our third-party service providers also may obtain information for this purpose from third-party websites and apps. We also use third parties (including third-party ad servers) to serve ads on our Services. We engage third-party advertising networks to help us target our messaging to visitors through interest-based and contextual means.
Through these ad networks, we can track your online activities (such as your visits to websites and your use of apps that serve our advertisements, including the pages or ads your view and actions you take on those sites or apps) over time and across third-party websites and apps by obtaining information through automated means, as described above. This data collection takes place both on our sites, apps and emails and on third-party websites and apps that participate in these ad networks. Our third-party advertisers and/or ad networks may also gather data relating to you in connection with your interactions with the advertisements they place on our Services. The networks use this information to show you advertisements on our Services or other third-party websites and apps that may be tailored to your individual interests. This information also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before using your information for interest-based advertising.
The section below entitled Your Choices and Rights provides details on and explains how to exercise your choices regarding interest-based advertising.
INFORMATION WE SHARE
We may share your personal information with:
- Our Subsidiaries and Affiliated Businesses. Our subsidiaries and affiliates within the Buy a Piece of Israel family of entities may use your personal information consistent with this Privacy Notice. Those entities may also use your personal information for each of their own purposes, including marketing purposes.
- With our Service Providers. With third parties who perform services on our behalf.
- With our Clients or Business Partners. With our third-party clients or business partners, such as realtors, landlords, and other Professionals to facilitate your transactions, and other third parties for their own commercial or marketing purposes, such as to serve targeted advertisements.
- For Legal Requirements and Proceedings. We may disclose information to law enforcement authorities or other government officials if we are required to do so to comply with subpoenas, court orders, legal process or other law enforcement or other government measures, and to comply with other legal obligations. We may also disclose information if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
- To Protect our Services and Users. We may disclose information to protect and defend the rights, interests and safety of the Services, our subsidiaries and affiliates, and their employees, contractors and agents; to protect the security and safety of our users of the Services, including when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss.
- For Business Transfers. In the event of a proposed or completed sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
- Non-personal Information. When the information collected from or about you is not defined as personal information under applicable law, we may share such non-personal, de-identified information or aggregated information with third parties at our discretion.
- For information, features, products and services marketed or offered to you jointly or on a coordinated basis by us and a third party, we may share information about you with, or information may be gathered independently by, the third party. In these situations, we will be free to use such information to facilitate such features, products and services (or information about them) being made available to you and as otherwise outlined in this Privacy Notice, and you understand the third party may use the information in different ways. Although not always the case, you often can tell when information, features, products or services are marketed or offered jointly or in coordination with a third party because a portion of the Services often will be “co-branded” in such cases, will display the third party’s logo and/or name (whether or not along with our own), will describe or reference the relationship between us and the third party or will be set up so that you can contact or be linked to the third party or its website to initiate, complete or learn more about the transaction. Please be aware that each company we do business with (including Professionals) has its own policies regarding its use, sharing and protection of information about you and that such policies may differ from those outlined in this Privacy Notice.
YOUR CHOICES AND RIGHTS
We offer you certain choices and you also may have certain rights in connection with the personal information we collect about you.
A. YOUR CHOICES
You can choose to use our Services without providing any information about yourself to us directly, but some information may be collected automatically or be requested by us so that you can take advantage of certain features on our Services.
To ask us to remove your information from our marketing mailing lists, please contact us as outlined in the HOW TO CONTACT US Section below. You also can unsubscribe from our marketing mailing lists by following the “Unsubscribe” link in our emails. Even if you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we may still need to send you communications relating to your use of the Services, such as service announcements where you are using our Service.
You also have choices about whether cookies and other similar technologies are placed on your computer or mobile device. For more information, see our section on Cookies and Other Technologies, above.
We may use third-party analytics services on our Services, such as Google Analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web beacons and similar technologies to help us analyze your use of the Services. To learn more about how to opt out of Google Analytics and similar services, please visit the links below:
- Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- Adobe Analytics: https://cross-device-privacy.adobe.com/
- FullStory: https://www.fullstory.com/optout/
You may also choose to opt out of use of data that we or our third-party service providers collect about your activities to provide you with tailored advertising about products and services of interest to you. We and our third-party service providers also may obtain information for this purpose from third-party websites or apps. To learn more about how to opt out of ad network interest-based advertising, please see the section on Cookies and Other Technologies section above.
B. ACCESSING, CORRECTING, AND DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Consumers and Professionals may access, review, update, and/or correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control by contacting us via email or our website(s) or by phone and we will gladly make the requested modifications.
If you submit an application for employment on our Careers page, we will use the information you provide about yourself to process your application. We may also use such information for our recruitment, management and planning programs. Your provision of information to us is voluntary; however, if you fail to provide sufficient information, we may reject or decline to consider your application. We may also obtain information about you from your references, a background check (as permitted by applicable law) or through automated means based on your use of our Services. We may share information about you with our affiliates and with third-party service providers in connection with human resources functions (including technical support.)
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we have about you against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, no data transmission or storage, or use of the Internet, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
TRANSFERS OF INFORMATION
The Services are hosted in and managed from Israel. We may transfer the information we collect about you to another country, which may not be deemed to have the same data protection laws as the country in which you initially provided the information. Applicable laws in Israel, the United States and/or other countries may allow the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities to access your personal information when in such country.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES, APPS AND SERVICES
For your convenience and information, our Services may provide links to third-party sites, apps and services that may be operated by companies not affiliated with us. These companies may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any non-Buy a Piece of Israel sites, apps or services.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
From time to time, we may change our Privacy Notice to reflect changes to our privacy practices and Services. If we modify the Privacy Notice, we will update the “Last Modified Date” and the changes will be effective as of the date we post such Notice. For material changes, we will notify you by posting a prominent notice on our Services indicating at the top of the Privacy Notice when it was most recently updated or by other appropriate means, such as email through the email address you most recently provided to us.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice or the manner in which we or our service providers treat your personal information, would like to exercise your choices, or would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us as follows: